TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply pest treatments (the service) listed on our website www.hlapest.co.uk. please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering Services from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. The customer
THE CUSTOMER means the customer as specified at the top of the Service Agreement.
2. Price and payment
- Our prices may vary on a geographical basis and may be subject to change, but shall be agreed upon at the time of booking, subject so any adjustment in accordance with these terms due to the circumstances that we were unaware of at the time of booking.
- Subject to any contrary terms in this agreement, our services include any recall(s) that are, in our reasonable option, necessary and there will be no additional charges for such subsequent visits.
- THE CUSTOMER will make payments to HLA Pest Control as agreed in the Service Agreement. Prompt payment is a condition of the agreement.
3. HLA Pest Control Obligations – Pest Control Service
4. The pest control service will be carried out in a professional manner at regular intervals as specified in the service agreement. The technician will use and apply pesticides and monitoring devices, as they deem appropriate on each visit. Any infestation covered by the agreement and discovered during a visit will be treated immediately.
5. The technician will report to the site contact on each visit and will leave a written report on the findings, treatments, and recommendations made during the inspection.
6. Additional visits/treatments to control the pests specified on the service agreement will be carried out free of charge.
7. THE CUSTOMER’S obligations – Pest Control Service
8. To minimize pest incidence by carrying out in reasonable time those recommendations made by the pest control technician.
9. To provide access for HLA Pest Control’s representatives to carry out its services at any reasonable time or as specified.
10. To make prompt payment.
11. Materials – All materials used shall comply with the local laws and effective regulations.
12. Insurance – A certificate of insurance will be submitted to the customer upon request.
13. Rodent Control Placement – The customer must not disturb, move or change rodent control placements or the contents within the placements. HLA reserves the right to charge the customer for lost or damaged bait stations or other rodent control placements. When tamper-resistant control placements are required by law, the customer may be charged an additional fee.
14. Disclaimer – Any liability HLA has written or implied, under this agreement will be voided if HLA is prevented from fulfilling its responsibility under the terms of this agreement, by an act of God, or by circumstances beyond the control of HLA.
HLA Pest Control does not accept any liability for loss, damage, or injury to any domestic animals, livestock, birds, goods, or equipment unless the loss, damage, or injury was occasioned by the negligence of themselves or their staff. Notice of such loss, damage, or injury must be notified in writing to HLA Pest Control within 7 (seven) days of occurrence.
İf we believe that it would be unsafe to carry out the treatment, in accordance with the above clauses, we shall not be liable for any consequential loss, whether direct or indirect, including the costs of paying an alternative contractor.
16. Cancellation & Deposit Policy
Pre-paid deposits are non-refundable.
You can cancel your appointment free of charge if no ‘non-refundable’ deposit has already been made so long as the cancellation is made 24 hours prior to the appointment.
Cancellation fees apply to the following:
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- No show by the customer at visit date/time of the technician.
- Non-compliance with preparation list as supplied by the company.
Making an appointment over the phone or by email is a binding contract between the customer and HLA Pest Control, in order to cancel you must do so by either email or over the phone with more than 24 hours’ notice. Last-minute phone calls or emails will not be accepted and a cancellation fee will apply.
Emergency jobs must be pre-paid in full or part paid if agreed. The full payment acts as a deposit and is NON-REFUNDABLE in any case. (Note: Unless for unforeseen circumstances we are a fault for not attending on the allocated day).
This contract may be terminated by HLA Pest Control forthwith if THE CUSTOMER is in breach of any of his/her obligations under this contract or (being a Company) goes into liquidation or if THE CUSTOMER shall commit an act of Bankruptcy or have any receiving order made against him/her or shall make any arrangement with his/her creditors or any assignment for the benefit of such creditors or if distress or execution shall be levied or threatened upon any of THE CUSTOMER’S property or any judgment against THE CUSTOMER shall remain unsatisfied for more than 14 (fourteen) days. THE CUSTOMER may only assign the burden of this contract with the written consent of HLA Pest Control.
The service agreement is binding for 1 (one) year from the start date and shall continue unless terminated at the end of the first year or any subsequent invoicing quarter subject to 1 (one) quarter’s prior notice in writing. THE CUSTOMER will be liable to half (50%) of the premiums that would become due up to the end of the contract period plus any premiums overdue up to the date of cancellation.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Services from us unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority, or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the services).
13. The conditions
The conditions 1 to 12 above, together with the entire agreement between HLA Pest Control and THE CUSTOMER, any other alleged terms being expressly excluded.